12.14.2004

Let she who has ears to hear...

I promise not to make it a big hairy deal every time I add someone to my blogroll, but Jeshua Erickson deserves such a mention. And it's not just because he's my friend and former housemate.

Well, okay, it is.

But he also stands on his own merit. Jeshua is a great musician who recently put out an album called Swords Into Plowshares, which includes songs he wrote while we were both interns at Sojourners/Call to Renewal in Washington, DC. Stanley Effing Hauerwas likes this man's tunes, people. That should be reason to check him out right there.

Jeshua is also blogging, and that's the link I added to the Expat resources on the right.

Finally, I give you a snapshot of life as a Sojourners intern:



I think Jeshua and I were imitating the Holy Family (minus le petit bebe) at a Christmas party, but it's also quite likely that we were simply trying to keep warm. Notice we are wearing bulky coats indoors. That's because when you work for a non-profit organization whose office building features a 96-year-old furnace, you can't always expect to have heat in the dead of winter. It's just one of those trade-offs: funky digs that used to be an embassy = freezing your ass off in December and trying to type with two pairs of gloves on. Worth it, if you ask me.



2 Comments:

At 12/14/2004 10:17 PM, Blogger jeshua said...

Wow, I'm famous! Thanks for putting me on your blog! I'm musing over a creative way to return the favor. I've got a new blog now...on my actual website (the old one links to it). Blogging is super cool!

 
At 12/14/2004 10:22 PM, Blogger jeshua said...

Oh, you've already got the link to my NEW blog!! And you wrote about wearing a warm jacket...and that's what my blog today is about! That's, like, such a coincidence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home